Flickr

Photos are taken by Ji Ho www.flickr.com/photos/liveJ

Tweet from @liveJ

06 March 2009

Are you happy with Fox to Heart?

When I enjoy tweeting 

I knew this new article via @106jackfm

 

Radio star can't wait to hit county's airwaves (From Oxford Mail)

 

This Oxford Mail article introduced a new presenter, who will present his radio show on Heart Oxfordshire.

 

As you might know, Fox FM is replacing to Heart Oxfordshire. From 23rd March, FOX FM will be remained to Oxfordshire people’s memories.

 

The reason of Heart Oxfordshire launching is GCap, formal owner of Fox FM, Xfm, Capital Radio (London), Classic FM and Etc., was merged with Global Radio, which is owner of Heart. After merger, Global Radio decided that One network, which were local radio stations brand of GCap (Included Fox FM), replace to Heart Network. So, we will hear Heart Oxfordshire on FM 102.6 and 97.4.

 

When I read Oxford Mail’s reader comments. I feel lots of people worry about they might lose one of local radio station. I am not sure how Heart Oxfordshire manage the time slots between local production and London HQ production.

 

I know some of my mates dislike Fox FM because music choice, present style, news value and Etc…

By the way, do you expect Heart solves these problems?

 

By the Way, other Oxfordshire commercial radio station, 106 Jack FM and Oxford’s FM 1079 are owned by Absolute Radio, which was Virgin Radio. However, I think these station are not effected from Absolute Radio and concentrate to local audience. Do you think Heart need to be localised as other local commercial stations or to broadcast as nationalised station ? (Which mean Heart Oxon broadcasts more Heart London programmes)

 

By the way, I just wait new ear of Oxfordshire commercial radio.

 

(P.S.) When Oxfordshire local radio launch DAB? FM signal of my house is too poor. Especially, I cannot listen Oxford’s FM 1079 because it has too noisy signal. However, I do not have any problem when I listen DAB station. I am looking forward to hear Oxford local stations on DAB.